- Wednesday/Thursday night reluctantly crawls out of sick bed to borrow mom's mini laptop and disappointingly saw no update on MangaStream (didn't think to check other sites), huffs and snuggles back under blanket...
- Next day or two completely forgot about checking chapter update and still content to stay in bed (still unwell), reading a book, and hours pass by in a blurr...
- Saturday [today], feels a little better and at some point remembers to check MangaStream again...
- Quirks eyebrows curiously at the chapter title but immediately thought nothing of it...
- Internally cheers at Aizen returning to consciousness, and feels a little amused at he and Kyoraku conversing/bantering like old friends (but feels a little pang of loss for Ukitake at that for some reason)...
- Smirks at Renji and Bazz-B conversing lord knows what with each other (obviously somewhat annoying each other, with the former probably 'lecturing' the latter on how to use the orb thingie and how everything works like as if he's an expert about it), and the female former Sternritters fooling around in the background.
- Head-desk at Ichigo not getting knocked unconscious when colliding with Ganju's head but later gets actually KO'ed by accidentally hitting Orihime's head due to Kon surprise appearance. (I cannot even... *face palm and snorts at Ichigo messing with Kon in revenge*).
- Suddenly sucks in a breath, and heart rate picks up upon recognizing the lines and subsequent tear in the atmosphere in front of Yoruichi as a Garganta...
- Heart stops for a fraction.
Brain LITERALLY shuts down.
Stares incomprehensibly blank at
...what...am....I....seeing....... no.... oh no..... nonononononononono......*proverbial ship sinks in DEEP, mouth opens almost breathlessly then quickly clacks shut painfully with a whimper closed BECAUSE FAMILY'S IN THE FUCKING HOUSE AND DESKTOP COMPUTER IS INCONVENIENTLY NOT IN THE BEDROOM, hand starts spazzing in suppressed I-wanna-scream-but-can't energy, and feels light headed like I may go in some kind of pseudo panic attack. Whimpers some more and manages to make shaky hands move to type and click to DA and gets floored by flood of various why-are-you-not-squealing-right-now? messages and notes*......
OH MY FUCKING GOD! HE'S BACK!!! Argh...late announcement is L-A-T-E, but what can I do, I can't help it with my body acting up and inadvertently getting a little behind on this epicness... I'm sorry if I had worried y'all with my initial lack of reaction. I'm alive, and feeling better now (albeit still kinda tired) as I type -even more so after reading the chapter.
GRIMMJOW FUCKING JAEGERJAQUES IS BACK I CANNOT EVEN BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I MAY NEED TO SEE A DOC AFTER THIS, I SWEAR MY BLOOD PRESSURE MIGHT HAVE HIT THE ROOF JFC!!! MY KING IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeebus...*cries and drowns in a flood of feels*...emotional fangirling aside... Firstly, I didn't realize how much of a massive relief -as a fan and an artist who loves drawing his awesome complex hairstyle- to see that his hair hadn't changed one bit (with just a notable slight thickness of his loose fringes over his eyes in comparison to before, just FYI) until it hits me, I mean like I didn't mind back then if his hairstyle may have potentially changed like some of the characters after the time skip and would still love him if so but at the same time hoping his hair would be left unchanged, like I didn't realize how much I'm actually rooting more for the latter option than a neutral line between the two until now.
Secondly, as aptly the chapter's title, I noticed the large canine/fang on his mask that previously wasn't there in the past: a not so subtle hint that Grimmjow has potentially evolved a lot since (if him easily cutting down Kirge Opie literally in half isn't obvious enough to begin with, but the large canine confirms it all the more, but I'm careful not to push my expectation/hopes to high: that he may have done the unexpected and achieved Segunda Etapa), oooooh~~~ *squirms*
Lastly, but not least, I love his cool new little makeover wardrobe (I'm betting that the new addition -black shirt and twin belt- was provided by Urahara for some reason considering Grimmjow notably wasn't wearing them when he tried to barge into the tent earlier) X3 Though that's not to say I didn't take a little silent moment to mourn the loss of his glorious naked torso (it's kinda sad but somehow I'm not too disappointed, my bby's finally back and that's all it mattered
and hopefully that shirt will eventually be ripped off to smithereens in the battle and he'll be back to his former shirtless glory *cough*) X'D At least Kubo wisely did not have him pulling the zip (assuming that the white line at the center is a zip and not just a simple white stripe) of his, presumably sleeveless, black shirt up too high, and leave a nice V-neck shape to teasingly showcase a bit of his pectoral and battle scars (I'm not surprised he still kept the scar that Ichigo inflicted on him, but I'm curious about the scar from Nnoitra, either there isn't anyone highly skilled in healing to 'help' him with that or he kept it too for some reason).
Grimmjow's expression in the final pages double spread is quite intriguing... one would think he'd be grinning manically at Ichigo after his rather 'excited' outburst in Urahara's camp upon hearing Ichigo's voice, but instead his interestingly typical surly and kind of reminds me of the time when he had joined Yammy, Luppi and Wonderweiss to invading the living realm during the time when he had lost his arm -in chapter 230, he was looking to the side when the Garganta opened, and had typical surly expression when Ichigo met him. Feels almost like a déjà vu. Grimmjow had a lot in mind back then because of the loss of both his rank and arm, I wonder what had him look such a sour
puss this time... (mayhap something to do with whatever deal/agreement/whatever he had with Urahara or
maybe he had overheard them while he was waiting for Yoruichi's signal and thinks how disappointingly pathetic Ichigo has become instead of better like he may have initially thought back at the camp, well good, teach that bonehead how to fight again
and not get easily knocked out by a mere hit in the head on someone else head a second time, Grimmjow sensei!)
Ramblings aside, even though it's just two panels, but is it just me or does he look way hotter now in Kubo's improved style? *melts off the chair* Woo boy
, those eyes of his are mightily -and beautifully- intense...*fans self* Fffffffff........I can't wait for the next chapter (and every other future chapters with Grimmjow) *rolls around excitedly* Fuckin' FINALLY!!!
*sniffles* Damn, I really needed this, you've no idea. 2015, especially this month, is turning out to be a shitty year compared to last year
I'm currently working on a new Grimmjow sketch (I'm not sure when I'll finish it, maybe soon or later tomorrow, that is if
my family doesn't interrupt my focus again
, ugh *grumbles and tries to get back on focusing on it by re-reading the new chapter*), however I'm afraid I may not be able to continue to draw more afterwards due to irl personal and family circumstance (had things gone differently, I'd definitely be going on a Grimmjow drawing craze right now, like I'm sure some of y'all must be thinking/expecting)... so, yeah... I'm still
on indefinite hiatus. Just saying... 'coz don't wanna falsely get all your hopes up, especially after this truly delightful event